Andean Valley: Horse Riding - Full Day - Medium
At just 1 hour from Santiago downtown, enjoy a gorgeous landscape on a horseback riding trip!
We will explore the Yerba Loca Natural Sanctuary to an old German Hut where you will enjoy amazing views of La Paloma mount and glacier located at 4910 meters and El Plomo Mount and their glaciers at 5450 meters.
You will enjoy the amazing scenery and you will be surrounded by huge nice mountains (in winter covered by snow) also you will have the opportunity to share with the arrieros (the Chilean cowboy) and live the Arriero culture.
Highlights: 40 minutes from Santiago / high water falls / giant rock walls / Paloma Glacier views / arrieros culture
Options: go for a 3 day trip right to the bottom of La Paloma Glacier. Press here
Horseback riding time
3,5 hours of ascent and 2-hour descent. 5,5 hours round trip (rest time has been included)
45 minutes by car from Santiago to the beginning of the path.
Length: 3,2 miles (one way) / Ramp: 1.250 ft / Maximum Altitude: 9.280 ft.
October to May. In winter we perform a similar trip in the area with snowshoes. For more info press here
The age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. The physical and medical conditions must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask).
The times below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on the weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will be delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 8:30 Pick up at hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
- 9:30 We'll arrive at the starting point in the Yerba Loca Natural Sanctuary.
- 10:00 We'll start the adventure through the wonderful valley, which ends at the base of the mounts and glaciers of Paloma (16.150 ft) an Altar (17.000 ft) mounts.
- 13:30 Lunch break under huge rock walls and waterfall.
- 15:30 Back in the car.
- 17:00 Back in your hotel in Santiago.
- Private transportation (Pick up from your Hotel)
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satellite Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (Rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven't, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun hat/ lip balm
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gaiter