Near Santiago, huge mountains and glaciers are the perfect place for snowshoeing. One of them is The Morado Glacier.
Breathtaking views of peaks of 18.000 feet, and several glaciers around you. One of them is a hanging glacier which falls into a frozen lagoon, inside the lagoon, some iceberg complete the picture!
Highlights: hanging ice at 21.000 ft / frozen lagoon and icebergs / amazing rock walls / hike in the middle of the Andes / see the huge San José Volcano / snow – caped valley
Options: ask for a overnight trip with accomodation in a lodge, enjoying the andean starry night in the middle of the Andes with a second day of hiking to San Francisco Glacier.
|Age||14 to 75|
|Season||Dec – Apr|
Choice – Add an extra day: you can add a second day trip! From this amazing valley add an extra day sleeping in the heart of the Andes in a comfortable lodge. At the next day visit another gorgeous valley and more glaciers!
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, driving by unmaintained land roads, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun.
- Private transportation between all the points.
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Hiking poles
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
Extras for 2 day Itinerary:
- Tents and group cooking set
- Extra meals
- Access to Camping and “Termas de Colina” Hot springs
What’s not included
- Personal Clothing (please check “Gear”)
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal Insurance
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad (only for the two day itinerary)
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven´t, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator